Why Connected Courses
- Innovation and Access in Online Learning (Justin Reich slide deck, 20.1 Mb PPT) Download
- Connected Courses (DML Open Course, 2014)
"is a collaborative network of faculty in higher education developing online, open courses that embody the principles of connected learning and the values of the open web. Our goal is to build an inclusive and expansive network of teachers, students, and educational offerings that makes high quality, meaningful, and socially connected learning available to everyone."
- Connected Learning (DML Research Hub & Connected Learning Alliance)
"is an educational approach designed for our ever-changing world. It makes learning relevant to all populations, to real life and real work, and to the realities of the digital age, where the demand for learning never stops."
- A Domain of One's Own (Wired, 2012)
- A Domain of One's Own in a Post-Ownership Society (Audrey Watters, Hack Education, 2016)
- Do I Own My Domain If You Grade It? (Andrew Rikard, student, EdSurge, 2015)
The Parlay by Frecderick Remington: Public domain image from Wikimedia Commons
Animated GIF created with Giphy GIF Maker from the YouTube video of How The West Was One (1962 movie trailer)